As with all deliverables for our class, use your own words to show what you know. You will not use any sources or resources other than the course materials for our class and the actual SEC 10-K for the company you selected (be certain your company meets the specifications for the SEC 10-K Project), the materials you used for the CAFR report, and for the NFP report.
References must be:
SEC 10-k was on McDonald’s
Will provide the sec 10-k as attachment.
CAFR Report was on Baltimore County, Maryland
References used were:
Baltimore County (Md.). (2015). Comprehensive annual financial report for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2015.
Community College of Baltimore County (Maryland). (2016). The Community College of Baltimore County: Comprehensive annual financial report for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2015. Baltimore County, Maryland: Baltimore Community College System.
NFP Report was on Kiva
References used were:
Adams, A., & Blazek, J. (2013). Revised form 990: A line-by-line preparation guide. Hoboken,
Stittle, J. (2003). Annual reports: Delivering your corporate message to stakeholders.
Burlington, VT: Gower.
ACCT 424 Advanced Accounting is based on the following course components or tasks:
- prepare, present, explain, and defend complex financial statements to stakeholders
- report consolidated financial statements, integrating complex international/multinational operations such as currency transactions and complying with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- explore accounting procedures and standards for state and local governments and not-for-profit entities
- demonstrate understanding of the life cycle of partnerships and related reporting
- analyze and calculate dissolution or reorganization under U.S. bankruptcy laws
Thinking about each of these items, explain how this course affected your knowledge, skills, and abilities in these topic areas. Your comments should include information about coverage of the concepts in previous accounting courses, learning materials you used in our class this semester, the effectiveness of the question and answer learning process (Homework Assignment), and the multimedia aspects of our course. Roger CPA Exam Review was a late addition to our course but your comments on this resource are welcome.
Use headings based on each bullet point above. One further heading should be related to certifications. In this section explain your plans for any certification exams, including how they relate to your career interests. Conclude your paper with a statement about advanced accounting topics. The overall goal of the course is to study of advanced accounting theory, applied to specialized topics and contemporary problems.
Your deliverable should be two – four pages in length, single-spaced, with double spacing between paragraphs. Use one inch margins. Font should be 10 – 12 points. Use headings to organize your paper.