● Start at the Classics in the History of Psychology Web site .
● Choose a psychologist to research by clicking on “Author,” then click
psychologist names to explore a few different ones.
● Browse through a few on the site, take notes as you go, then answer the
1. How did your person’s theories improve our quality of life?
2. Describe how the psychologist measured behavior.
3. What further studies did the psychologist’s work inspire?
4. Using your research, write a letter to the APA nominating committee arguing for
the selection of your candidate to be “Psychologist of the Century.” Make sure
your letter convinces the committee of the ways in which your candidate’s work
has enhanced our lives.