This week we’re working on concluding paragraphs. The conclusion is a chance to bring your ideas together and emphasize the key points in your essay.
- In paragraph 18 (the conclusion) of “Climbing the Golden Arches” (pp. 439-443 of The Norton Sampler), Nuñez’s recounts several important points drawn from earlier in the essay; specifically, she talks about what she has learned. Choose one of the points she mentions and cite an early passage that supports her conclusion.
- What was your first job like? Write a concluding paragraph that shares the key points of your experience and what you learned.
Post 2: Respond to a peer’s comment on Nuñez’s story. Did he/she establish a clear connection between a main point in the conclusion and a body paragraph in the story? Also comment on your classmate’s paragraph about a first job. Does it read like a concluding paragraph? Why or why not? If not, how could it be revised to be more clearly an ending paragraph?
- Post an initial response to both parts of Post 1.
- Post a response to one of your peers.
- Post on two different days.
- Length: Post 1= 250 words minimum. Two paragraphs of 5- 7 sentences each. Post 2= 150 words minimum.
- Post your word count at the end of your post.
- Use quotations from the literature to support your points.