For this assignment I would like you to review Video Case 1: Chobani: Making Greek Yogurt a Household Name. This case study is located on pages 21-24 of the Kerin, et al. text. (If page numbers are not exact the case study is located towards the end of Chapter 1).
This case discusses how Chobani created an exceptional line of yogurt products, stimulated interest using targeted promotional strategies, and retailed the line to consumers through major grocery chains. Read it carefully and digest the strategies that deal with the four Ps:
- Place (distribution).
These strategies are known as the Marketing Mix.
Next, review Appendix A: Building an Effective Marketing Plan on pages 56-70 of the Kerin et al. text. In doing so, you will see how marketing practitioners use the Marketing Mix to develop a course of actions aimed at reaching the company’s strategic goals.
Your Task: assemble these essential pieces of a prospective marketing plan for Chobani in the order that they are listed:
- Mission: Focuses on the activities of Chobani for stakeholders.
- Goals: Targets against which the company’s performance are measured.
- Core Competency: Abilities to provide high quality products and services.
- Customer Characteristics: Main demographics and lifestyle analysis.
- Competitors: Companies and products that seek to displace Chobani in the marketplace.
- Marketing Objectives: Planned targets against which marketing activities are measured.
- Marketing Mix: The four elements included in the marketing plan: price, product, promotion, and place (distribution).
The intent of the written assignment is to provide an opportunity to more fully analyze marketing theories and techniques, discussed in the textbook and other sources. Do not focus on the company’s history and do not retell the case, as it won’t give you any points. The main goal of your essay is to demonstrate that you have gained a solid understanding of the marketing mix and how it can be used to reach the strategic goals of the company.
Be sure to cite the textbook and other sources correctly, so that your academic integrity is not called into question. Your assignment is expected to be 1750-2,000 words (5-6 pages, 12 point font, 1.5 line spacing) and should include an annotated bibliography. The essay should be well written and organized, in proper format (APA, MLA or Chicago), using proper sentence structure and spellchecked.