Assignment 2: You are to develop a comprehensive proposal for a new community-based counseling program with the focus on child abuse (see article entitled, “How Child Abuse Primes the Brain for Future Mental Illness”). Specifically, you will identify a problem from this article and devise methods of addressing the problem through the development of a community-based counseling program. The Program Development and Evaluation proposal should be 5-8 pages (not including title or reference pages).
In addition to a title page, please use the following sub-heading to structure your proposal:
- The Problem
Define the problem based one of the articles below:
“Black Boys in Crisis”
To assist with the development of your program, refer to the article:
Calley, N. G. (2009). Comprehensive program development in mental health counseling: Design,
implementation, and evaluation. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 31(1), 9-21. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.barry.edu/login?url=https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.barry.edu/docview/198672063?accountid=27715
Establishing the Need for the Program
- Explain what is known about this issue based on other current research literature and how this information supports your position to develop a community-based counseling program.
- Describe how this issue could be addressed through a community-based counseling program.
- Program Design You are allowed to use different formats
- Define the stake holders.
- Develop the community-based counseling program that will address the issue/problem.
- Explain the range of mental health service delivery for the program (i.e., peer support, parent education, inpatient, outpatient, aftercare, etc.).
- Describe the management structure of the program and mental health services.
- Staffing needs (credentialing), including any special competencies required of staff.
- Financial and resource needs, including a general budget.
- Demonstrate how public mental health policy, financing, and regulatory processes can be used to improve service delivery for this program.
- Describe how your program will promote interdisciplinary teams and relationships between counselors and other professionals as well as interagency collaboration and communication.
- Funding sources (i.e., grants, private pay, third-party payers – support with real examples)
- Explain briefly the role consultants can play in this process. Identify at least one theories, models, and/or strategies of consultation.
- Describe the specific program goals.
- Specific evidenced based interventions to achieve the program goals (support with current research literature).
- Explain how you intend to evaluate the program (i.e., service delivery success, meeting the needs addressed in the article). Provide means of evaluating the program goals and intervention outcomes.
- Review the literature to find reliable and valid assessment measures that may be used to assess the outcome of your program goals and interventions outcomes.
- Explain the process for assessment and how data will be analyzed.
- Expound how you would use the data to increase the effectiveness of clinical mental health counseling interventions and programs.
- Using the most recent stylistic conventions of the APA Manual, list references that support your program. Must reference at least 4-5 sources from scholarly peer-reviewed journals or texts (you can only use 1 of your texts)