The Commonwealth of Australia Royal Commission Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services in its Volume 1 section 3.5 (see link above) made several recommendations regarding Culture, Governance and Remuneration (pages 35 to 37). Section 6 pages 333 to 412 provide a background on these issues.
Please considering the findings of the Royal Commission, as stated above, plus your own research:
- The focus of this report will be to discuss the issue of “Financial Advice” (see pages 119-135 of volume 1) from a culture, governance and remuneration point of view.
- Identify and assess the effects on the stakeholders affected by this issue using Carroll and Buchholtz’s (chapter 3) 5 questions.
- Include an analysis of what the financial institutions investigated reported in their ASX Principles and Recommendations during the years before the Royal Commission.
- Provide an assessment of diversity and inclusion of the boards investigated.
- Provide an overall ethical analysis using Normative Theories of Ethics, and sustainability approaches.
The paper must be formatted as a report (2500 to 3500 words limit). No executive summary or formal Introduction required (no need for authorisation, purpose, limitations, scope), instead provide an introductory paragraph.
Individual research and good writing skills are highly encouraged.