Choose an issue in crime/criminology from one of the following areas:
(a) Russian Mafia
(b) Biological Perspectives in Criminology
(c) Serial killers
2. Based on the issue in crime which you have chosen you will be provided with an articlefrom a sociological or criminological journal on your topic.
3. Relate your article to one of the following criminological theories that were covered inclass and in your text:
(a) Rational Choice theories
(b) Biological theories
(c) Psychological theories
4. Discuss the following topics as they relate to your article and the criminological theorythat you have chosen:
(a) Basic Idea and Major Theorists
(b) The Role of Law, the Definition of Crime, and the Image of the Criminal
(c) Causal Logic
(d) Criminal Justice System Implications, including Criminal Justice Policy andCorrectional Ideology and Techniques of Crime Control
5. Conclude by providing an evaluation/criticism of the article that you have chosen. Thecriticism can come from a different criminological theory than the one that you have chosen, which looks at your issue of crime in a different light. For example, biological and psychological theories of crime are criticized by rational choice theories for not taking into account the opportunities that influence people to choose to commit crimes.
6. Adequate citations and references must be provided in order to avoid PLAGIARISM. Please read over the plagiarism and how to cite and reference properly handouts provided on our course blackboard site.