Assignment #1 – Business 100
Step 1: Product Life Cycle
Background Information Needed to Answer Question #1:
Review the Sales Report below for Alikay Naturals Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo.
As you recall from our learning, here are the four phases of the product life cycle:
What phase of the product life cycle is the Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo currently in?
Describe why you selected that phase using sales report data and what you know about the product life cycle in the box below:
Step 2: Product Changes
Background Information Needed to Answer Question #2:
Review the User Survey Summary data below and form some opinions about the shampoo’s consistency, smell, effectiveness, and price. Based on this information you will be able to answer question #2.
What recommendation(s) do you have for Alikay Naturals to improve or replace Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo? Please support your recommendation(s) utilizing the data below:
Step 3: New Product Development
Background Information Needed to Answer Question #3:
Review the three new product options and based on the survey results below determine which of the three new products you would recommend.
If you had to recommend one product, which product would you recommend they create? Underline or highlight your answer:
- Organic Bloom Shampoo
- Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo with Dandruff Control
- Coconut Protein Shampoo and Conditioner
Explain your decision. Provide examples of the customer feedback that informed your choice.
question 4: Innovation
- Determine which type of innovation your new product represents from among the four main types discussed this week. Underline or highlight your selection:
- Sustainable (eco-friendly)
Briefly explain why you chose that type of innovation.
Helpful image from Week 2 Learn’s section for your review:
Question 5: Production Methods
Based on the product you chose in Answer 3 determine which production method is most appropriate for the production of this product. Underline or highlight your answer:
- Job Production
- Batch Production
- Flow Production
- Mass production
Explain your decision below:
Helpful images from Week 3 Learn’s section for your review:
Next step: submit your work
- Save this document to your desktop
- Navigation: select file at the top, save as – select desktop, and select save
- Log into your class and select Assignment #1 on the left, scroll down and select “submit your work”, click browser my computer, find your file on the desktop, click open, then click submit.
- If you have any issues please email me or call
I will provide you assignment feedback and you can then make any changes you would like and resubmit for grading.
Congrats on completing assignment #1!