The Impact of Flight Delays on Airlines in the United Arab Emirates
Questions to an Air Transport Manager
- According to Ball et (2010, p.12), flight delays in the year 2007 cost an enormous $32.9 billion to the US economy alone, what are its current impacts in the UAE’s economy?
- What measures has the UAE’s aviation industry undertaken to minimize the occurrences of flight delays?
- Does your company have a messaging system that you use to communicate with your customers in case of a possible flight delay?
- What are the main causes of flight delays in UAE?
- What is the financial impact of flight delays to your company?
Ball, M, Barnhart, C, Dresner, M, Hansen, M, Neels, K, Odoni, A, Peterson, E, Sherry, L, Trani, A & Zou, B 2010, ‘Total delay impact study: A comprehensive assessment of the costs and impacts of flight Delay in the United States’, National Center of Excellence for Aviation Operations Research (NEXTOR). Available from: < http://www.isr.umd.edu/NEXTOR/pubs/TDI_Report_Final_10_18_10_V3.pdf> [22 August 2017].